Friday, February 15, 2008

Beards: Day 1



Here I sit, in California for only a few more hours. Naturally, the perfect time to document the initial stage of project beard. Here are two young men, on their way to hirsute glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I missed the scalded electrified genetalia experience when I went to Japan to serve my Japanese overlords at Hitachi! I start working immediatly to retrofit my hot tub. Gotta work a Tesla Coil in there somewhere too.

There is no doubt that Japan, especially Tokyo has the most amazing contrasts between tradition and super cutting edge stuff of any city in the world. The kids are free to do what they want, with virtually no supervision, but when the culturally defined time comes for them to get jobs and "grow up", they do it. In the U.S. there are far fewer well defined rites of passage. Now go find that monkey and get crazy! Unc. Frank.